Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hometown Glory

I'm from Iowa.
I LOVE Iowa.
And I love that I grew up there.

My work friends are not farm-people. At all.
In fact, they think the stories I tell are hysterical.
So hysterical, in fact, that they have a top ten list of "You know you're from Iowa when..."
It's actually turned more into a top 23 list, but whatev!

Here are some of my favorites from that list.

You know you're from Iowa when...
-You never lived in a town with a stoplight until you moved away to college. Not joking. There was ONE stoplight in my entire county. Just one.
-Your high school math teacher was also your track coach, basketball coach, an attorney, and owned the town's grocery store.
-There is a place to fix your tractors on Main Street. And Main Street is wide enough that two combines can travel in opposite directions down the road at the same time.
-You know what a combine is.
-You've shown any kind of livestock at the county fair.
-You were in every single extra-curricular activity because if you didn't, there wouldn't be a team.
-You grew up in a town of 350 people, graduated with 42 people in your class (and you know all of them) and that's totally normal.

I've always wanted to give my friends a tour of my hometown
so when I went back this summer, I did a video tour.

I seriously hope you enjoy it as much as they did!
And for reals... I had just had four cavities filled. Be kind :)








No comments:

Post a Comment